With Facebook video monetization, Facebook marketers can advertise through videos, while the audience gets to see ads in between the videos. All made possible with Facebook’s Audience Network.
Now, you can count Facebook as an equally efficient partner to advertise via video content. YouTube is no more going to enjoy the monopoly it used to earlier. Although, one has to understand the Facebook video monetization eligibility to go forth with a plan. But to help you find them out, here you will find some insightful tips to make it possible.
Before you opt for a strategy for Facebook video monetization, please be aware of the updates about Facebook Audience network.
Facebook came up with this idea of monetizing video was a few months back. Two Advertising formats were tested, in-stream advertisements and in-article formats for few selected publishers, such as USA Today Sports Media Group and Daily Mail (mobile format).
Facebook Monetization eligibility standards 2018
Facebook empowers the publishers to earn money by using ‘ad breaks’ within the content posted by you. By understanding Monetisation Eligibility Standards, and community standards, one can be a part of the friendly environment for both advertisers and creators; and also earn money from video ads. As per the standards of Facebook, the platform has to keep the network communication friendly and stable for the users. Here’s a list of community standards, Copyright, and intellectual property claims, and Instant article domain review:
What are ad breaks
Ad breaks are short ads that you can include in your eligible videos to earn money. Ads are placed at natural breaks in your content or you can choose your own placements. Source.
Facebook Ad Breaks Eligibility Check
As you can see in the above image Facebook shows what criteria is required to pass this eligibility test for Facebook Ad Breaks.
- Your Facebook page should at least have 10,000 Likes/Followers on it. If you have anything less, you’ll need to get to this threshold.
- Second criteria is that you should have people watch your video at least 1 minute of the total 3 minute video, this is the ratio which Facebook recommends.
- Your content should meet the eligibility standard of Facebook.
- The last eligibility check is that your page should be established and operated in the list of countries supported by Facebook Ad Breaks.
If you pass all these 4 eligibility check, you can can earn money from your videos on Facebook by placing ads on your videos.
If you are short on Facebook Page Likes/Followers, you can increase it from here: Increase Facebook Page Likes and Followers
Facebook added some new Video monetization updates this year:
- Become partners with Facebook and start monetizing the premium video content by registering with Facebook Audience Network.
- Those partners or eligible publishers can start earning money by using in-stream video ads as a promotional tool with their website or apps via audience network.
- Currently, Facebook is looking forward of expansion and hence, conducting a beta test for ads in Facebook Live to profile and pages in the U.S.
- Plus, Facebook is testing ‘Ads break’ feature for on-demand videos in association with few partners.
Facebook Audience Network and its relevance
With the help of Facebook Audience Network, publishers can grow their business by optimizing according to the customer experience and advertiser value. It’s a network that enables publishers to leverage their business with 1.8 million users’ insights. The in-stream inventory is quite useful in delivering the most relevant video ads for a global audience, includes both mobile and desktop users.
Facebook’s 4M global advertisers and many small businesses increase demand with Facebook Audience Network. They expect a higher delivery rate of CPMs and constant fill rates from all over.
With the help of FAN (Facebook Audience Network), brands can take their Facebook ad campaign to other apps and mobile websites. By using targeting data, advertisers can extend the reach of the campaign.
List of requirements from publishers to apply for Facebook Audience Network:
To qualify for the Facebook audience network publishers should fulfill the following conditions:
- Pre-roll and mid-roll ads are allowed with the video content.
- Please note that post-roll, pre-game ads, and mid-game ads are not allowed.
- Video added in an article should be clicked to play, and auto-play videos are allowed only if the displayed video is the main content on a page.
- Also, Click to play videos are eligible.
- The sound should be ‘On’ by default for the videos.
- The size of the video player should be 500px wide and 300px wide for desktop and mobile, respectively.
- Audience networks ads can be skipped after 10 seconds, only if the duration of an ad is more than 30 seconds. Below 30 seconds ads cannot be skipped.
- The web player should be compatible with VPAID. And the URL should also be accessible with audience network VPAID and should be same as the page URL.
- Make sure the Audience Network SDK (Software Development Kit) compatible with mobile apps for in-stream video ads.
[VPAID – Video Player Ad-Serving Interface is Serving template for video ads.Audience Network SDK is a basic requirement to request an ad that helps in adding iOS or Android App to Facebook App ID.]
Steps to apply for Facebook Audience network:
To make the feature work for a publisher, there is a certain list of approvals essential for in-stream advertisements from the Audience Network.
Follow the procedure:
- Firstly, you need to sign in to the developers.facebook.com account, click to apply for Apps and websites’ in Audience Network.
- Make sure that the domain, app, and payment information is complete in the account.
- After submitting the request with complete details, the Audience Network Team will review it and soon you will be notified.
- When its approved, in-stream video ads can be placed by using the Audience Network section.
Safety: The content shared should be healthy enough that the users feel safe while connecting with other users and building communities.
Voice: Diverse views are permitted to be expressed, but such expressions, posts or comments can lead to a productive discourse in case essential for the time.
Equity: Building a community with diversity and equality is one of the priorities.
Breach of the above principles can lead to loss of monetization features. Therefore, these guidelines should be maintained by creators and advertisers while monetizing on Facebook.
Copyright and intellectual property claims
Intellectual property infringement: Do not use any content against the will of the original creator. In case of any breach, Facebook can remove your content.
Repetitive use of anyone else’ intellectual property right: When you keep on posting content again and again that infringes someone’s intellectual property.
Instant Articles domain review
Under these criteria, the content posted by the publisher on the page can be checked by Facebook. The check is executed with the help of manual and machine learning in order to evaluate a website’s content quality.
Low-quality content can build a community of disappointed users, from which Facebook strives to protect the network.
One might lose the access of instant articles when the traffic threshold is low or the frequency of publishing content is not consistent.
Useful tips for Facebook Video Monetization 2018
- Constantly review the defined community standards of Facebook to make sure that the published posts are as per the guidelines.
- Ensure the content posted is not anyone’s intellectual property.
- Do not support low-quality content on your website or Facebook account, as the policy demand for a clean domain for the followers.
- Make sure you go through the content guidelines of monetization, as it keeps your content eligible for ad breaks monetization.
Latest posts by Mini Jain (see all)
- Facebook Going to Take down the Like Button - September 8, 2019
- 10 Hacks to Increase SoundCloud Downloads, Plays and Likes - August 23, 2019
- Top 10 Best Free VPN Services in 2019 - August 20, 2019