In today’s generation of the Internet, nothing is gaining more popularity than Blogging and Vlogging. Both are the most popular ways to make money online with some free & simple tools and skills, attracting more and more people to opt for these ways. If you are also looking to make money via blogging or vlogging and checking out, which has more potential in 2021, then we are here to help you. Through our detailed Blogging vs Vlogging guide, you will get clarity on which one is right for you. Let’s begin.
What is the major difference between Blogging and Vlogging?
One of the most significant differences between Blogging and Vlogging is the content type. Blogging and Vlogging are about explaining a particular niche or your thoughts in the most creative way possible. But in Blogging, the topic is described as written content, while in Vlogging, you explain things or share your experience in the form of video content.
Blogging vs Vlogging: Key Points to Note
1) Platforms: Blogging can be done on various famous platforms like WordPress, Tumblr, Medium, Blogger, Wix, etc.
For Vlogging, the famous platforms are Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, Dailymotion, etc.
2) Tools: Another significant difference between Blogging vs. Vlogging is the tools you require for content creation. For Blogging, you just need an internet connection, any CMS platform to submit the content, and writing & editing tools like Grammarly, etc.
For Vlogging, you require a good Camera or Phone, Mic, and some free/paid editing software like Filmora, Adobe After effects, etc.
3) Monetization: The most noticeable and deciding factor in Blogging vs. Vlogging is the Monetization type and process. Before opting, you must be aware of the monetization methods you can use to generate income via Blogging or Vlogging.
Methods to Generate Income Via Blogging:
One of the best things about Blogging is that you don’t need to invest much initially as you only need a good internet connection and excellent writing skills to start with. Also, just when you start getting decent traffic on your website, you can make good money monthly by regularly updating & posting the content. Here are some of the most popular ways to generate money online via Blogging:
- Google Adsense
- Affiliate Marketing
- Sponsored Posts
- Banner Ads on Website
Check now: Tips to become a successful Vlogger
Methods to Generate Income Online Via Vlogging:
Generating good income via Vlogging is a little different and quite challenging initially, but since Video Content is engaging more people these days, Vlogging can be highly beneficial for you if you do it in the right way. Here are few ways to make money online via Vlogging on Youtube or any other platform:
1) YouTube Ads
2) Sponsored Posts
3) Affiliate Marketing
For Youtube Monetization eligibility, you must have at least 10,000-lifetime views, 4000 hours of watch time, and 1000 subscribers, which can be quite challenging initially to achieve. Depending upon the number of subscribers, content, and niche, you earn from $100 to thousands per month.
Which one is right for you?
Both Blogging and Vlogging have their pros and cons. Both are great money-making ways and potential to generate good income online if done right. Now to decide which one is right for you, consider the following things before:
1) Type of Content You are Comfortable With
Before deciding whether you should opt for Blogging or Vlogging, try to find what kind of content (written or video content) you are most comfortable with. If you are good at writing, then Blogging is indeed your cup of tea. But if you don’t have writing skills and are more comfortable with video-making skills, you should definitely go for Vlogging.
2) Storytelling Skills
One of the major differences between Blogging and Vlogging is Storytelling. While both ways require storytelling skills, Vlogging requires strong storytelling skills than Blogging to make the content more engaging with the community members as there are plenty of Vloggers available on Youtube and other platforms. So to stand out in the crowd, you must have exciting and engaging content which people would like to watch & subscribe to regularly.
If you don’t have excellent storytelling skills or you are camera-shy, then don’t go for Vlogging, as it is all about expressing the true form of yourself on camera in the most fun and creative way.
Few Things to take care of for Blogging and Vlogging:
1) First, decide the Niche you want to write for or want to make a video about. Niche plays an essential role in monetization as few niches like Technology, Fashion, Entertainment works better in Blogging, while travel, food, gaming, etc., perform better in Vlogging.
2) Before starting, do your research about the tools, competitors, and trends to come out with the best and optimized content which can attract more viewers and readers.
3) Whichever platform you use for either blogging or vlogging, read about its rules and instructions first to avoid getting banned or violate any community guidelines.
In the end, we will only say that you must consider all these facts to make your decision about Blogging vs Vlogging. Once you are clear with your interest, niche, skills, and tools, only then start with the preferable way, and don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comments section! Keep learning and Growing!
Latest posts by Divya Gupta (see all)
- 5 Best Video Editing Software for Beginners in 2021 - August 6, 2021
- Reddit Holiday Hub Launches To Help Marketers Plan Marketing Campaigns - July 30, 2021
- Pinterest adds Monetization Options for Creators and Influencers: Check Here - July 27, 2021